NEED Ltd does not rely on grant funding. In 2007 we decided the way forward was to tender for contracts to cover our core costs, expanding our services and enable us to provide low cost community transport.
NEED Ltd works in partnership with: Northumberland County Council, North Tyneside Council, Northumberland, Tyne and Wear NHS Foundation Trust, North East Ambulance Service Foundation Trust, Northumbria Healthcare Trust, Cumbria Partnership NHS Trust, Gateshead Council and Ministry of Justice as well as numerous local groups and organisations.
Examples of current services
Northumberland County Council
- Home to School contracts including SEN children
- Dial-A-Ride (Door to Door) services
- Public service route 460 (Ellingham-Alnwick)
North East Ambulance Service
- Dialysis Transport Service
- Patient Transport Service
- Urgent Care (A&E) Support
Northumberland, Tyne & Wear NHS Foundation Trust
- Provision of secure transport for patients residing in medium-high secure units
- Provision of driver-only service for young adults mental health unit
Northumbria Healthcare NHS Foundation Trust
- Provision of individual transport